Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mystery Illness #3342

Mia started running a high fever last Thursday. Knowing her class is taking a field trip to the pumpkin farm Monday, I rushed her to the doctor on Friday to get the antibiotics for the presumed ear infection so she would be well in time. Well, her ears were fine. After being scolded many times for waiting 5 days or more to bring her in (she never complained of ear pain), I have apparently become one of those mother's who rushes her child to the doctor for a cold. Sigh. Sure enough she was fine by Saturday afternoon. Of course, 30 minutes ago, in the car on the way to the store, she barfs. What the....?

So I wonder aloud if I should let her go to the pumpkin farm. She says "No Pumpkin Farm." What, don't you want to go to the pumpkin farm? "No!" It appears I am the only consumed by whether or not she will be on the field trip. She couldn't care less. So she stays home.

No comments: