Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Welcome To My Weed Farm

I may have to give up blogging for my new compulsory hobby: Weeding. Boy, those flower beds surrounding the house and covering the back yard sure looked nice in January, when we bought the house. And, from a distance, they still look OK.


But when you get up close... All those tall green spikes... Yep. Weeds:

Since I had no idea what was planted out there, I didn't know they were weeds when they first came up. I waited to see if they were intentional. Eventually, I had to acknowlegde two simple facts. They're weeds and they're everywhere.

Here's another mystery plant. Is that thing attacking my tea rose a weed? I should probably kill it, just to be on the safe side.


My mother tells me I should kill it all and replace it with landscaping fabric and a few bushes. Either that or rethink my position on illegal immigration because no one was ever in greater need of cheap gardeners.

No comments: