Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Core Program

In my perpetual quest to get my act together, I discovered a book called The Core Program by Peggy Brill. She's a physical therapist and has designed this program to cure women of their various aches and pains.

I'd been walking on the treadmill 3 times a week for a few months and I hadn't lost an ounce. I stopped gaining so I guess that's something. But I also had debilitating headaches, felt achy and couldn't sleep.

I've been doing these Core Program exercises for about a month with great results. I feel much less achy, sleep better and have only gotten one mild headache instead of my weekly bout of violent pain.

The exercises are pretty easy to learn and pretty easy to do. You can increase the intensity as you go along. I've always had a hard time finding an exercise program that wouldn't injure one of my weak spots. So far so good with this one.

And an additional benefit: I've lost 5 lbs, 2 inches from my hips and I am fitting back into a smaller clothing size. Not a small size, mind you, but a smaller size at least.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone with back or neck problems.

No comments: