Wednesday, May 09, 2007

To KS Gov: Less Whining, More Leading

As a new transplant to Kansas last year, I voted for Sebelius on the grounds that she's very popular with the locals, who knew more about it than I did. Doubt I'll make that mistake again.

I was annoyed when I heard her, 3 days after the devestating tornado, whining on about how the national guard didn't have this or that. I felt that at such an early stage of the disaster, she shouldn't be carping to the press and pointing fingers. She should be on the phone getting done what needs to be done.

To find out that her accusations weren't even true, really put me over the top. Turns out Senator Brownback, being the sort of leader that picks up the phone to get results, not to call a press conference, rang up the national guard to find out just what they needed with the intention of getting it from the local military and air force bases. They turned him down, telling him they had everything they needed.

I'm very disappointed in Sebelius. That sort of conduct from someone who claims to be a leader is just outrageous.

Much more over at Hot Air and Confederate Yankee.

No comments: