Thursday, July 15, 2010

My New Favorite Blog

The Introvert's Corner. Reading through this blog was an exercise in saying "Yes, definitely, yep, so true" over and over and over.  I particularly enjoyed Dont' Call Us, We'll Call...Well, No, Actually, We Probably Won't... I never associated my dislike of all things telephone with being an introvert, but the author makes a compelling case.  I particularly related to this:
Introverts tend to be slow thinkers and responders and long pauses don't go over well on the phone. If I am on the phone with a talkative person, I struggle to get my say. I end up doing a lot of listening and uh-huhing. 
This is also a problem with instant messaging. There are even fewer non-verbal cues than on the phone.  By the time I formulate a thought and type it out, the conversation has long since moved on.  I find it stressful and tiring.

How to Piss Off an Introvert:  Yes, yes, yes to all of these, except the last one.  No one has ever accused me of not being an introvert.

1 comment:

susanballou said...

I'm accusing you of being an introvert ;P LOL!
There now you've been accused.