Friday, August 19, 2011

Pork Carnitas Tacos

My husband used to have a job where he was pretty much never home for dinner. If he did show up, it was on 30 minutes notice.  So now, he's coming home for dinner every night. Suddenly, I need to cook.  Having a repertoire of four meals just doesn't cut it when you need dinner 7 nights a week.  So, I've been trying a lot of new recipes. The results have mostly been "meh" and have occasionally been "well, who's up for pizza?" 

But here is one that rocked.  Pork Carnitas Tacos, made in the crock pot with a Boston butt roast and a few spices.  So yummy.  Kroger only had a roast much larger than the one called for in the recipe, but I just cooked it all and ended up freezing enough for 2 more meals.  Yay!

By the way, I did not make the salsa from scratch.  I just bought a jar.

No comments: