Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Cinnamon Bear

Living Books For The Ears is devoted to making available online old radio show from the 40's. I listened to a dramatization of the Time Machine tonight while I was making dinner. Pretty entertaining, only 1/2 hour time commitment.

They have also made available The Cinnamon Bear, a 26 episode fantasy story for kids. Each episode is only 15 minutes long. The idea is to listen to one episode each night until Christmas. I played the first episode for Mia tonight, but I think it will take a few more days to see if she's following along. Anyway, if your kids aren't too media savvy (it's very Leave It To Beaver-esque), they might enjoy it. It has to be more edifying than A Very Minty Christmas.

(Via Praiseworthy Things)

Update: I told my mom about The Cinnamon Bear and she remembers listening to it as a little girl. Cool.

No comments: