Sunday, December 31, 2006

Review: Sleeper Cell

We just finished watching the first season of Sleeper Cell last night. I thought it was excellent. I was concerned that most of the terrorists being white would stretch credibility to the breaking point, but it didn't. For me, it just added to the scariness. In fact, that is my problem with movies like Sum Of All Fears, where the screen writers replace scary Islamists with boring neo-Nazi's or even more boring Haliburton executives. They take away the scary for the sake of political correctness.

Also, the acting was great. The accents were amazing. Or maybe my standards were lowered by having just seen Lantana. Anthony LaPaglia's on again, off again Australian accent was just a distraction in an otherwise good movie.

My only complaint is that I cannot recommend this to my mother because of the graphic sex that shows up in almost every episode. It's actually more graphic than the violence, which, considering the topic, is strange.

No comments: