Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nerd in Training?

At one of the many after Christmas sales, I found a great price on Hey Andrew, Teach Me Some Greek, a program to teach beginning Greek to little kids. Even though Mia's not quite ready to use the full program, I think she can easily learn to say the Greek alphabet and the price was unbeatable.

Well, Mia saw me ordering it and is absolutely beside herself waiting for it to get here. Why? Does she even know what Greek is? Brian got a package today and when she saw it wasn't her Greek, she cried. She's going to hound me about it every day until it gets here. But who knows when that will be? With the weekend and the holiday and the day off in honor of President Ford, the package probably didn't even ship until today. And it's probably coming by donkey cart, since the shipping was free.

I had hoped she would like it. She likes to learn German phrases to say to her opa. But I never dreamed she'd be this excited about it. Now I'm worried. She's either going to be disappointed when she sees what it's all about, or she's a nerd. If her parents are any guide, it's the latter.

No comments: