Wednesday, August 22, 2007

School Started Last Week

and Mia didn't go. I've decided to homeschool her indefinitely. That went over big with the in-laws. My own fault, I guess. I knew the decision wouldn't be popular, so I never said a word about it until they asked. Of course, I obsessed over the decision and spent crazy amounts of time planning everything, but they don't know that. I think I left the impression that I just forgot to enroll her.

Anyway, we've had our first happy result and we haven't even started school yet. Last week we drove to Chicago for a family reunion. Mia met a bunch of cousins I didn't even know she had. I saw family I haven't seen in 10 years. Since school started here last week, if she'd been enrolled, we wouldn't have been able to go. Ah, sweet freedom.

No comments: