Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Train P*rn

We took Mia to the Model Train Expo at Union Station this weekend. I stupidly forgot my camera, so I can't post pics of the cool layouts on display, but I had to mention one thing.

While browsing all the scenery (trees, cars, buildings etc.), I couldn't help but notice the bright yellow packages with the tiny little people in p*rnographic poses. Because what train layout would be complete without model p*rn? The box is opaque, but the manufacturer has helpfully placed a large silhouette of the activity in question on the outside. God forbid your pre-readers should just walk by without noticing. The box also had a warning label: Not intended for children under 6 yrs of age. Gee, thanks for the tip. I might have slipped one of those in Mia's Christmas stocking.

I won't go so far as to say I was offended. More annoyed by the fact that even at a train show, an obvious kid magnet, we can't escape p*rnography. I felt a bit sorry for the men there with their young sons. Well, at least they weren't selling the stuff out of the same booths as the Thomas-the-Tank-Engine stuff.

Update: I'm adding asterisks because, I'm actually getting hits for the google search Thomas Tank Engine P*rn. Eeeeew.

No comments: