Thursday, September 15, 2005

Wow

Check out these pictures from Bay St. Louis. Lance from Red State Rant has a friend whose house was 1/2 mile from the beach at 28 feet above sea level. The house was inundated with at least 7 feet of water. I still can't quite get my head around that. Just unbelievable. He also puts in a good word for the way churches are responding:
The work they are doing is nothing short of amazing. They, not any government agency are responding and rallying to the needs of their communities. Tractor trailer loads of support coming in from all over the country. At the church below a semi pulled in with loads of supplies while I was speaking with the pastor about what types of things they needed. I asked the pastor who was coordinating shipments and he said "no one". The trailer load of food and water was donated by three churches in Iowa and was making a stop before heading to another 6 or 7 stops on the way down. I asked the driver about it and his repsonse was "I am delivering til I am out of stuff and then Ill go back to Iowa for more".

No comments: