Thursday, February 09, 2006

Don't Mention The War

The World Cup is being held in Nuremberg this year. Unlike the English, Germans don't find Nazis amusing:

GERMAN cops will use sweeping powers to collar England fans doing Basil Fawlty-style Hitler impressions at the World Cup.

Yobs will be instantly banged up for TWO WEEKS if they goose-step like John Cleese in his most famous Fawlty Towers scene

Yobs beware. The German sense of humor is no laughing matter. (via The Corner)

Update: This post reminded me of the first time I saw 'Allo 'Allo. I was studying in London. My roommate invited me to visit some of her cousins near Aldershot. We were talking, but the TV was on. I couldn't really hear it over the conversation, but I did notice that there were Nazis and a laugh track. Can you do that? Well, yes, if you're British.

No comments: