Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Church Of Whatever

I heard the strangest add for a local church on the radio yesterday. They had a bunch of young people saying why they go to this church: It's fun, It's cool etc. Then a young lady said "I go for the hot guys." I thought they were going to make some kind of joke, though I couldn't imagine what it would be. Then the next girl said "Yeah, the hot guys." That, apparently, was the real reason they went to this church. They followed this up with a promise that you would be "out in an hour" and never miss a Chiefs game. Why, you can go to church with almost no inconvenience to yourself at all.

Do you know what would be even more convenient? Not going at all. Maybe it's an introvert thing, but if all you've got for me is hot guys and a quickie, platitudinous service, I think I'll just sleep in.

Update: Flashback to Ace's post on the Top Ten Mandated Changes to Make Christianity More Politically Correct and "Inclusive":

6. The requirement that an actual belief in Christ is required to be a Christian ruled discriminatory; churches must offer alternative methods of qualification, such as "celebrating the magical joy of a baby's smile" or "just sitting in the park, thinking about Nature and shit"

(via Demure Thoughts)

No comments: