Thursday, September 30, 2004

Presidential Debates I

Okay, the dishes are washed and the kid is in bed. Let the games begin. I'll probably be asleep in 15 minutes.

Why don't they just give the debaters 30 seconds to thank everyone they're going to thank anyway. At least Kerry's not orange.

Okay, we're 10 minutes into this thing and I'm already annoyed. Bush looks annoyed too. I hope he's keeping his cool.

This Osama Bin Laden fetish annoys me. Let's face it: he's either dead or hiding so far inside a cave that he can't even get in camcorder in. Kerry's fine with letting Saddam run loose, but if we don't find Osama's final resting place we've lost the war on terror. Please.

Kerry on Iraq (paraphrase): "It's like FDR invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor"...or invading Germany maybe. "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!"

"I know how these people think" Says Bush referring to Europeans. Tee hee.

Kerry complains that there aren't enough coalition soldiers, but could France, Germany and Belgium really contribute many even if they wanted to? Isn't this just a function of our military being so vastly superior to that of our allies?

Moo-lah's? Is that a new kids show on PBS?

Yikes. I lost a bunch of good stuff when I lost my internet connection. (Yeah that's it. All the really clever stuff was lost.)

Kerry went on about Iraq a lot. Aren't our European allies handling that? And we're all multi-lateral in N. Korea. And in Darfur. Yet these are the problem areas. Hmmmm

Kerry looked smug and Bush looked pissed. Kerry seemed presidential and all. I just don't agree with him on a lot of things and when I do agree, I have a hard time believing him.

Update: "One man spoke gibberish, but has a clear stance. The other man spoke clearly, but his stance is gibberish." My thoughts exactly. (via Allapundit)

No comments: