Thursday, January 13, 2005

Good thing there's no racism on the left

Yikes! Michelle Malkin has posted a harrowing collection of hate e-mail she has received accusing her of being a whore for the Republicans. Here's a nice one:
Hi Self hating flat nosed Filipino B***ch! As we used to refer to your kind - little brown F***ing Machines. Looks like this little LBFM learned to whore in a different way to make some pesos. How sweet. (asterisks mine)
She gets this kind of abuse because she's a minority and a conservative. I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm still shocked by the racist vitriol hurled at minorities who don't tow the Democratic party line.

I noticed this even before I went over to the dark side. In fact, it's part of what pushed me over. This column by Maureen Dowd regarding Clarence Thomas' opposition to affirmative action really struck me. A large part of Thomas' problem with affirmative action is that it taints all minorities, since you can never know if they were the most qualifed candidates or if some bureaucrat just needed to fill the quota. Maureen answers this concern with:
It drives him crazy that people think he is where he is because of his race, but he is where he is because of his race.
Did she not notice that she just proved his point?

No comments: