Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What type are you?

So I took the political typology test from the Pew Research Center. I only bring it up because I turned out to be an Upbeat. According to the survey, Upbeats have a "very favorable view of immigration." I had to laugh because I had just posted an anti-illegal immigrant rant.

But it's true. I do have a "very favorable view of immigration," because I believe that most immigrants come here to make a better life for themselves and their families and they are willing to work hard to do it. We are siphoning off the most ambitious, independent and hard-working people from every country in the world. Ultimately, such people will benefit this country.

Alas, our leaders (national and local) are giving immigration a bad name by ignoring border security and refusing to deport criminal/gang member illegals. Update: See this post by Michelle Malkin, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

(Via Michelle Malkin)

No comments: