Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Nice Story About Animals

So I'm at the library checking out books for Mia when I happen upon one about Noah's Ark. Noah's Ark is quite popular at our house, so I page through it, starting in the middle, like I always do, just to see if the text looks like it's on Mia's level. It looks goods, but I check the first page to see how they handle the theology. Not for doctrinal purity reasons, but because Mia can't handle much abstract thinking yet.

Well, they nicely side-step the whole sticky God thing by having Noah look up in the sky and decide that it looks like rain. I kid you not. The man builds and ark and gathers two of every animal because it looks like rain.

Why even bother to crib from the Bible? Why not just write a nice story about animals?

No comments: