Friday, July 22, 2005

Netflix

Well, I finally cancelled the newspaper that I haven't read in about a year and used the found money to sign up for Netflix. Hence the light blogging. I've been watching movies, instead of surfing the web after Mia goes to bed.

What we've seen so far:

Team America: I thought this would be funnier. I recently saw the South Park episode where Cartman becomes the "hippie pest-control" man and saves the town from a hippie infestation. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, so my expectations were extra-high. It definitely had hysterical moments, buy mostly, it was just gross.

Amelie: I really enjoyed this. Quirky, romantic comedy. This movie has lots of narration, so there are lots of subtitles to read. That could be a problem, if you don't like subtitles. Otherwise, sweet and funny.

Bourne Supremacy: If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. Lots of excitement and intrigue, but no embarrassing sex scenes or naughty language. I could watch this with my mother.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: All Kate Hudson's attempts to drive the guy away are very funny, but it got a bit implausible towards the end. As usual, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, then boy chases girl to the airport where she's leaving for a job interview to do the important writing she wants to do instead of the fluff she has been doing. Naturally, she gives up the interview for the hunky guy she met a month or two ago. Good move girl.

No comments: