Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Competition: You Gotta Love It

I was checking out the web site for our new town and discovered that they have two, TWO, cable providers to choose from. We only have one here on the Missouri side. I've checked then out a few times in the past, but always decided against it because to get Fox News you had to get the most expensive package. I don't know whether I'd even like Fox News, but I want to be the one to decide. I don't like being roped into things. I figured if they ever got around to offering me more choices, I'd consider their service.

Well, guess what? Not only does the second provider offer cheaper service, the first provider has lowered their prices and put Fox News on the standard tier of channels even on the Missouri side, where there is still no competition. I suppose there would be armed revolt if Kansans were offered a better deal than Missourians.

No comments: