Saturday, January 21, 2006

Passports: Who needs 'em?

Emily at It Comes In Pints? is less than thrilled by Europeans who think they're all that because they can hop on a train and be in another country in 2 hours:

First of all, The United States is big. Really, really big. You can spend your whole life vacationing at points of interest and still not see it all. I've had it with snobbish fucks who romp through three European countries the size of postage stamps and congratulate themselves on their worldly sophistication when they haven't even covered an area one tenth of the size of the state that I live in.

I can testify. Living here in Kansas City, smack-dab in the middle of the county, I can drive due east for 14 hours and still not reach the ocean. I know this, because I just tried it over the holidays.

No comments: