Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Let's talk about something else

You know, I ignored Terri Schiavo (too horrible to watch) for as long as I could, and I should have stuck with that original impulse. Forgive me if I am abruptly cutting off any conversation but, I'm moving on. My blog is my hobby. It's supposed to be fun. Well, what do you know? Turns out that mothers of disabled kids can't blog about the legal murder of the disabled for fun. I guess I thought I could get away with it, because I don't really think of Mia as disabled, but... let's just say there must be some reason she qualified for that developmental preschool. Now, Mia's very high-functioning, but if the (alas) respected Peter Singer has no problem with offing hemophiliacs, then I can pretty much guess how he feels about autistics.

To sum up: blogging = fun. Wondering where my baby ranks on some academic's list of euthanasia candidates = not fun.

No comments: