Monday, October 18, 2004

Guardian gets feedback

The Guardian has posted some responses from Americans regarding it's attempt to influence the presidential elections. As expected, the more maniacal the raving, the more likely to be published (unless it was supportive of the initiative). Here's my favorite:

My dear, beloved Brits, I understand the Guardian is sponsoring a service where British citizens write to Americans to advise them on how to vote. Thank heavens! I was adrift in a sea of confusion and you are my beacon of hope!

Feel free to respond to this email with your advice. Please keep in mind that I am something of an anglophile, so this is not confrontational. Please remember, too, that I am merely an American. That means I am not very bright. It means I have no culture or sense of history. It also means that I am barely literate, so please don't use big, fancy words.

Set me straight, folks!

Do you think the Guardianistas get the joke? Maybe they think they've finally found a reasonable and introspective American.

No comments: